In the midst of it all, don't forget to look at your plate and practice this ratio of 80% of what is on your plate should be clean, healthy foods and the other 20% can be not so healthy.
For those who are watching their carbs and sugar intake, please keep in mind the following ratios:
Hemoglobin A1C : < 5.5%
Fasting Glucose : < 90
Fasting Insulin : < 6
Glucose : Insulin Ratio : 14 :1 (Good)
Trigylcerides : < 100
If you have not done any lab work in the last 6 -12 months, I highly encourage that you do. A lot of chronic diseases can be prevented by tweaking your eating habits and increasing physical activity levels.
Patients love it when we review their lab work with them and create a road map for better health and disease prevention. Please call us at 909.590.4183 for your appointment needs.