PTSD may not occur immediately. At times, it may take months before symptoms appear. Often there is a trigger that could set off the PTSD. The trigger could be familiar sound, smell or words.
Symptoms of PTSD :
* Mood or behavioral changes
Who are at Risk of PTSD?
* Combat Veterans : 20% of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans have PTSD and or Depression (www.inspiringheroes.org)
* Children with traumatic childhood
* Victims of abuse
* High stress jobs : firefighters, police officers, first responders etc.
* Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
* Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) or “the tapping technique”
* Breathing Exercises e.g. yoga, Tai Chi and Qi gong
If you know anyone with PTSD and would like to help them, call us at 909.590.4183 for an appointment.