Chronic health conditions are VERY HARD to treat in just ONE SESSION. Often time, we have to use the first few acupuncture session to 'mop up the mess' that conventional treatments e.g. drugs and poor lifestyle choices have done to a patient's health.
In medical terminology, a chronic condition is defined when an ailment/ injury has occurred for more than 6 months. Coupled with that, pain does not exist in isolation. Often times, it affects other aspects of a patient's life e.g. mood, concentration, sleep and energy level.
Here are the list of factors that affects chronic inflammation:
1) Diet - poor dietary choices filled with processed foods and foods devoid of nutrition.
2) Aging - degenerative bone disease such as osteoarthritis or osteoporosis are more prevalent as we age.
3) Stress - physical, mental, emotional and oxidative stress affects our body's ability to heal. Also, faulty stress response can further exacerbate inflammation.
4) Dysbiosis - a condition where there is a disorder of the microbial ecology of the gut. This is tightly linked to poor diet.
5) Toxins - medications, vaccinations, pesticides, chemical additives in food, water supply, make up or household products.
How can acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutrition and functional medicine restore balance?
1) Case History - how you injured yourself or what have led to your current predicament will give us insights on how to help you.
2) Attitude towards healing - you have to be an active participant in your healing. True healing have to come with a change in attitude. Majority of pain conditions need to be addressed through diet and lifestyle changes.
3) Commitment - understand that every injury takes time to heal, let alone a chronic condition coupled with years of abuse. It is not uncommon that patients feel frustrated and want to give up or have the attitude of a quick fix.
4) Acupuncture - treatments will be focused on reducing pain and inflammation, supporting digestive system and body's ability to eliminate toxins.
5) Cupping - an adjunct therapy to help loosen up muscles and promote good circulation.
6) Herbal medicine and nutrition - very important in rectifying the underlying problems of a person's health and healing the body from the inside out.
If you are ready to be free from chronic inflammation, call us at 909.590.4183 today!